BHGLAAR REALTOR NEWS | 7
Are you an Educated Realtor®?
Educate yourself with Webinars and other Online Education tools!
With Zillow, Trulia and other websites educating our buyers and sellers, we Realtors need to be more diligent in continuing to educate ourselves.
Webinars and other online learning tools are great ways to receive education without the time and
money of driving to a live class.
Our board, Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association of REALTORS® took this into consideration and is now utilizing technology to support our members busy schedules. We want our members to be able sustain their education in order to be able to confidently provide quality service to their buyers and sellers. We are now offering the following online education courses that you are able to
take at your leisure:
• Residential Property Management
• Managing Single Family Homes & 2-4 Unit Residences
• Keys to Closure – The Probate Process
• Larger Apartment Buildings & Commercial Properties
• Fundamentals of Transaction Coordination
• Working with Investors
• First Time Buyer Specialist
• Negotiation Basics for REALTORS
The costs of these courses ranges from $65.00 and $85.00. You can register for these classes and
continuing education courses at our website: https://bhglaar.theceshop.com/ online-
La Shawn Scales, our awesome Director of Education has added an additional education offering:
GREEN Designation which will be FREE of charge and held on September 18th and 19th.
Our MLS have popular webinars like:
• Understanding Your Farm Area
• The new MLS Mobile App “Homesnap” (which I personally use and love)
• New Listing Search Alpha
On average there are 900 members monthly utilizing The MLS™ Webinar technology, why not you?1
And of course at our CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® we have abundance of online education courses. The online classes are aptly named LearnMyWay® which are fee-based classes. BUT there are free webinars offerings which about 3,000 members per month are taking advantage of, and that is about 30% increase from 2015!
C.A.R.’s most popular webinars are:
• Transaction Coordination and Disclosures
• Property Management
On average there are 500 members monthly utilizing C.A.R. Education’s Webinar technology, why not you?2
I encourage you to take advantage of the benefits that online education offer like:
• Convenience of fitting classes around your busy schedule of real estate and family. Ability to
participate in online learning using your home PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
• Ability to review the content later when you perhaps did not capture all the information the
• Ability to gain more education, obtain more designations because you are no longer at the mercy
of live classes with specific schedules.
Taunee English, Chair of Education Committee,BHGLAAR & Broker of Lions Realty Group
1. Data provided by Kristin Viola, The MLS™
2. Data provided by Laura Miraglio, Education Services Director, C.A.R. Education | REBS, Inc